Monday, April 30, 2007

nyc2

So another day over in the big apple. The more time I spend here the more I like it, it's a shame we're leaving tomorrow but oh well. This morning, got on a boat and floated around the harbour and saw ellis island (statue of liberty) and the statue is really nice, but a lot smaller than it looks. Then we went to the former WTC site, which is, a construction site for the horrible "freedom" tower, it was, odd, to be there. Didn't really expect to feel anything, but what I did feel was quite unusual and unexpected.. It should just be a monument, but I guess real estate is just far too expensive to "waste" it on something like that.
We got on the subway and went to the Ed Sullivan theatre to get our (free, they just give them out on the street) tickets to the Late Show, and thankful to Alice's joyous manner, they thought we showed enthusiasm, so they put us in the front row, and on the show was an impressionist and Kirsten Dunst! Because Spider Man 3 comes out this friday here (the world premier was tonight, here in NYC) it was about that. She is ridiciously skinny, kinda gross, but it was a great experience and something I hope to remember forever (like most things this trip!)
We went to dinner and then * hang on, I just remembered, yesterday I had chocolate and peanut butter (sorry my diabetes) ice cream and it was the best icecream I have ever had * anyway, dinner, then walked around and went back to Macy*s. It's large and I got Alice to try on some clothes to my tastes and didn't get anything, and came back home. Fun day.
-Andrew


Highlight of the day today was the Letterman show for me. We saw Kirsten Dunst and some random illusionist guy. Letterman is smaller than you think and not as funny as you would think. Did a cruise around the statue, very impressive.
We'll be sad to leave the big apple, have really liked it here. Onwards and upwards and all that. Scary to think of going to Europe next all on our wee own selves.
-Alice

No comments: