Sunday, April 29, 2007

New York New York

Before I start could someone please inform me of who won the world cup???!!!!!!!!!!
Here we are in NYC, love this place. Have walked so far over 200 blocks. Spent some time in Central Park, up the Rockafella center, Times Sq and the 'garment' district. So huge and so many people. Going to be an audience for David Letterman tomorrow and then to see the phantom.
And the big news is...... Andrew bought a tie!! Can you imagine it! I love it
-Alice

Well we dropped off the car and had driven ~2000 miles since Saturday. Including LA I've driven about ~3000 miles on the wrong side of the road now. It now feels normal to drive there, weird..

Now we're in Manhatten, NYC and I love it. You know how when you talk to people about New York and they say "It's not that big", well, it's huge. There are so many people and shops and things to do, and the buildings are large and everyone dresses nicer than me and it has a real unique feeling, I think it's because this city has everything in it and people's entire lives are conducted in a large metropolitan city. It's hard to explain. And I think the bright lights give Vegas a run for their money, not strickly in size, but in taste. And we went to the world's largest department store today, Macy's NY, which was pretty big, as you'd imagine. The view from the Rockefeller centre was amazing, got to look at the Empire State Building and everything else. Tomorrow we're off to visit other places and go in the Audience for the Late Show. Love it here!
-Andrew

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

australia eventually did but there was stuff ups because of rain, and they thought they'd won then they had to come back out and play in the dark for 3 overs before they 'offically' won. all a bit of mess really!!

hg said...

Thanks Abs! That sucks for us though. I kept telling everyone that we were gonna win, I had half of Jamacia cheering for us!
Alice