Thursday, April 12, 2007

More SF

So we've just spent the last 2 days in San Francisco and are about to leave to fly to the horrible horrible LAX and onto Miami.
I love San Francisco, this city rules, it's not too big that you can't walk across it in 3/4 hour but there is so much, and it's relatively clean and today it was sunny and there are lots of shops! They have a Westfield just like at home only this one is classy. I liked sitting in Union Square, it's a nice square, equal in it's proportions, and I quite like the liberal/tolerance of this city, so many people just doing what they want.
I want to come back here and maybe even move here but it is so expensive to rent or buy!
-Andrew

Today we had our first lazy, nothing on the agenda day. For the most part we sat around in Union Square and watched all the people go by. There was a school band that marched past and I enjoyed it so much I gave them all my pennies. I think travelling helps me put my life into perspective. We found out today that our tenant wants to move- usually this would stress me out but I didnt really care too much, there are heaps of people with much bigger problems than this in life. Anyone need a place to rent???????
Anyways we're off with our packs to the airport. We already have too much stuff.
Miss you all
-Alice


4 comments:

Squirk said...

Bic Runga has a song that opens "From here to there to everywhere, and back to Union Square..."

I had a flatmate from San Francisco and he said it was the most liberal city in the USA, but also said that the USA was one of the most conservative countries in the West.

I'd like to visit one day -- there's plenty of culture and you don't need a car!

While rent might look overpowering, make sure you compare it to income and other life costs.

Seriously, rent here in London is absolutely ridiculous but it's OK because some people can earn truckloads too.

hg said...

Some good points, Yeah I´ve been noticing how conservative the US can be, but it´s usually the culture that´s conservative not the people so much, if that makes sense...

I don´t know if people do earn more in SF, maybe, a lot of people can´t afford to live there anymore and have had to move to another city and commute everyday, according to the people we stayed with anyway.

Unknown said...

Yeah, sure, as if you are gonna WALK for 3/4 of an hour Andrew!!!

hg said...

They do have those ride on carts here Sam don't forget..