Tuesday, March 27, 2007

No more work!!







I have finally finished my slog of 5 nights!! It all seems a bit of a blur, I was so tired by the end. On my last three nights we had a party, first one with Helen T, next one with Anna and the crew and the last one was the biggest. We had a HUGE tea trolley with cheese, dips and chocolate. The night went pretty quick and I am glad that the lactulose and charcoal days are gone. I will miss everyone alot. I wrote this poem for them

Working in the ICU
Patients many, nurses few

Doctor in bed one wants some ABs
While bedspace five hides the keys

With 10 turns to do the float's job is never done
When the beep goes off to an arrest she will run

Watch out on Tues, tubes will go
And strumming on the ward round makes it very slow

Geoff loves to show us his machine
We know the Infusrite helps us to wean

Listen up- dont give Gent
And with APC the budget's spent

Beware if the unit is smelling foul
Its Joyce again and her love for the bowel

Helen's baking keeps us full
And Hilmar with his chocolate too

Germaine keeps us on our toes
And with her help our knowledge grows

A pregnancy epidemic happens now and then
We dont know who, we dont know when

Thanks Helen for your work on the roster
Ensuring us a normal life to foster

Nikki grants our holiday wish
Though she knows we will be surely missed

We will never know the difference we've made
To the grieving widow who's worst fear is displayed

When a loving husband's heart is breaking
We gently guide him through the news he has taken

Dont stop doing the precious work that you do
You all deserve a payrise and a medal too

Thankyou all- you are an amazing group
It is sadness I feel as I fly the coup

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey darling Alice!! I know you're leaving soon and I know we have sad our goodbyes (I'm stoked to be included in your blog!) but I just wanted to say again that I wish you (and Andrew - missing you already! I told you it was hard!!) a wonderful, awesome, amazing ADVENTURE!!!! Have a marvellous time, take care of yourseves while making the most of it, and take lots of photos for jealous pple like me!
I'll miss you heaps and will think of you and be praying for your safety

Lots of love, always,
Rachel xoxoxoxoxxx

Anonymous said...

Hey Rach!!!
Thanks for your kind message! I dont know how you do the long distance thing, you must be very patient! I forgot what number your house is, can you please post it to me again so I can send you letters?
Love Alice

Dad said...

Hi Alice and Andrew,
Have an awsome time and stay safe.
How did you get on the trip to LA Alice? Did the picture arrive safely?
Looking forward to hearing all your news.
How is Marsha? Give her our love from NZ.
How is driving on the right side of the road???
Take good care
Love from Dad

Unknown said...

Happy Wedding Aniversery today in NZ but your tomorrow, Alice and Andrew. Am just off to work here.
Thinking of you both.
Hope I am doing the right thing here with these messages. let me know if we need to do something else.
Love from Mum and Dad Birse