Friday, May 11, 2007

Heineken Experience

I should have put this in the last post but I forgot, and I can't work out on these dutch computers which is "edit post" so it's just a new one for now.

Two days ago we went to the "Heineken Experience" which is like a brewery tour, but more like science alive in how it works. It was $11 (imagine that $ is actually a euro sign) each which ended up quite good value because they gave us 3 tokens each for a beer and also a gift token which netted us 1 bottle opener and bottle opener holder in each of our hands. And since Alice doesn't like beer all that much, I got her tokens. So we stopped at the first bar stop and I got 2, and then send a video from the museum of us dancing in front of a dutch windmill to our families, and continued around. They had comfy personal seats that showed all their ads on TV since the 50's and they just had tons of cool rides and things to do. Then the next bar came along so I got another 2 beers, and while sitting down enjoying those I got gifted another 2 tokens, the seat I had picked happened to be by the door, and a lot of people apparently don't want to drink beer, so they'd hand their tokens onto the person sitting at the door, me. Some people from a christian college from Kentucky sat next to us and I got gifted x amount of coins which at this stage meant I had 2 new beers in front of me and 7 tokens in my hand. I ended up giving some of the tokens away but I feel I got very good value for money from the place and would highly recommend it, even if you don't enjoy free beer.

No comments: