Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Bye bye Madrid

Today we are leaving Madrid. We have packed up our bags already and are going to walk around the city for a while till our flight to Morocco. Madrid is such a cool city. Last night we went out walking about 11 and the streets were packed with people, drinking sangria and having tapas. We got invited to have free drinks at a bar so we went there for a while. Meet some nice people in the hostel and had a chat to the Browns.
-Alice

Before I got to Madrid, I couldn´t help but think the country would be a bit like a third world nation, or more like Mexico to be honest. I couldn´t imagine that they´d have technology (that worked) like the rest of Europe, but I have to say I have been pleasantly surprised. This country isn´t in fact third world and is instead quite enjoyable. People are a bit different here, they have dinner at 10pm and the pet stores have hairless cats. Less people speak English here, so I´ve had to pull out my spanish skills, often talking up a storm the locals and impressing all the girls. Not really.
Andrew

No comments: